My landlord's a little bit, shall we say, idiosyncratic. As a self-proclaimed leader of the sustainability movement and visionary with a firm belief in the imminent spiritual evolution of man he has for years no Burning Man omitted Festival and said on occasion so memorable things like "... back when I got the Internet started ... " (and I had simpleton always thought that would have been the DARPA )! **
He is currently working on full speed to organize an event to called "Deep Green", which I imagine as a kind Ökospiritualitätsravemesse and successor to his Digital Be-Ins . A few times a week so the living room is transformed into the central organization of this ambitious event, a few promising young volunteers (?) bring to it, potential sponsors, courted exhibitors, artists and sponsors, and more generally forged plans to improve the world. I would so love to have you a link to the event marched with (and you ask, best to buy the same cards if you stand on something * cough *) but unfortunately I can find the best will in no such site. It seems as if the all the projects have been put on a bit longer is no longer up to date.
Anyway, what I really wanted to tell you: Last week, during one of these organization meetings (I guess when it deliberates on the floor plan), a quote is like, I can not hide from you because I think it beautifully expresses that San Francisco (and specifically this house: p ) probably still the center of the hippie movement:
I think we need to do towards the interactive Mandala elsewhere.
real? Interactive Mandala? Wow. : D
** In all fairness, I should perhaps mention the context: It was-I think-to desktop publishing magazine, which he published in the late eighties and early nineties has, and that was wirklichso revolutionary, perhaps, as he says, I can judge.
Edit: The project now has a
0 comments:
Post a Comment