Sunday, July 5, 2009

Printer Running Costs

If all else

Today was my first time in a few years back in the great and almost-all-to-do Düsseldorf University and State Library . There I was last an article for my-copy ever plain paper (although I had actually planned to still quickly finish before my departure for Germany, is it, of course, nothing came - was so clear), and you can say, I knew exactly what I was looking but fairly, and where I would find it. The signature I could already out before searching the Internet, the sites I know after years of study quite sure by heart, and I have copied in my life enough, so one should think that the whole would have been no great challenge. That it then everything was not so easy, has to do with the fact that things have changed in the last few years quite a bit.
are first I have noticed some changes on campus: the University of ponds, where else has every year, hatched a swan family (which has its head also demolished ever car rear view mirror), is almost silted up, a piece next to it is a great site full of excavators and other heavy equipment, heaven knows what is produced there.
Inside the UB then has also been cleaned up: the many display cases, earlier in which cute (and rarely interesting, if I may say so) changing exhibitions on library issues have been shown, have disappeared, and otherwise is the front part of the foyer quite emptied. There was in the back of the lockers with the more full: so full that was to get hold on a hot Sunday afternoon, not a single free trade more. I would be on the verge been thereat break in despair, I had not just been with great surprise a busy young man, including backpacking through the barrier, also on Sunday watched by a stern gatekeeper go-see - something that previously have been totally unthinkable would be: a piece of luggage larger than a pencil case one is in there never came. But whether it's on the comprehensive safety magnet of all the books or the needs of students, laptop bags to carry with you is, on closer observation today, almost one penetrated with a big bag into the holy of holies, and I consequently (though I am so expected a 2 Euro coin had packed for safe!).
That would have been surprising enough, but the real shock was before me at the copier. After 12 years from baseline (yes, * ouch *), including several years as a slave copy student assistant, and with a (sadly lost) best friend with experience in a famous Japanese copier company, I actually thought that something as simple as I expand directory, put-on-the-slice-and-get-out deductions would actually have to manage. And while playing, to be honest. But no.
minutes I have pondered over an error message, according to which could see the stupid thing not original, although the book open completely obvious and ready to scan on the disc was. And while in the upper left corner of the window as yet on any copier that I have ever seen. After a while, and a slowly rising tide of panic a lot to me then in the upper right corner of the window to an icon ... and then the proverbial Scales from the eyes. Okay, create this freaky copier must be the templates upper right . Although I have never seen before, but if one's once white, then of course it works just as well, and the copy will be nothing in the way of success. Until then, I got the odd bit of adrenaline wasted. Phew!
the way home, then I've been thinking extensively about habits, adaptability, expectations, and the like. And I felt a bit old and stuff. And a bit stupid. Hmph.

Fortunately, the subsequent passage to the best ice cream of the city had already been identified, and handmade ice cream off after all-natural, concentrate free ingredients sees the world a different story. Especially if you are invited for the second time in two days to by someone you love.
* melt *

(sample picture from a visit before last year, apparently with some colder weather, probably shortly after the season opening)

Oh, and because it's so sweet and so funny is, there are also fast the song that of love has just played me (in a fit of manly self-knowledge, perhaps?):


Did I hit it pretty good today, actually. : D

0 comments:

Post a Comment